Hi! Welcome to the Team Stamp It Group Blog Hop! I hope you are enjoying these early peeks at projects made with products from the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalog!
My project today features the Rose Wonder stamp set. I was so happy to see this set because it is perfect for the Reinker Splash technique.
If you haven’t tried it yet, here is what you do:
- Ink your stamp in Versamark ink (or White Craft Ink) and stamp on Shimmery White card stock.
- Heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Place drops of ink from your reinker on the inside lid of your stamp pad.
- Spritz water over your image – enough to make it pool.
- Using an Aquapainter, pick up the ink and apply it to the pools of water. The ink will spread in the water. You can add more ink for a darker look.
- Let dry completely – maybe about 30 minutes.
For this card, I only used 2 colors of ink – Rose Red and Old Olive. Love the variegated look I achieved. I then hand cut the flower and to give it a puffy look, traced over the embossed lines with my stylus on my piercing mat, flipped the flower over to the back, then ran the stylus in between the lines. Here is a closer look at the flower:
I also didn’t have any Old Olive Ribbon that worked for my card, so I used a sponge dauber to add color to the White Organza ribbon.
Want to win some new product from the Occasions catalog? Simply leave a comment below with #stampitcontest in it. Tami is giving away this bundle:
Thanks for stopping by! To see what Mary created for you, simply click the Next Button. Or if you haven’t seen what Pam created, click the Previous button.