Hi! I had so much fun getting inky this past weekend! First was a class on Saturday morning using the yummy Pop of Pink Designer Series Paper. Attendees made a set of note cards and got to go home with the unused note cards and 1/2 pack of unused Designer Paper to make more!
Then, on Sunday, I did a workshop for a wonderful lady and her friends – so much fun! We got inky trying a few techniques – one of which was using Shaving Cream and re-inkers to make our background. Here is the card we did:
Have you tried this technique? If not, here is what you do:
- Spray foam shaving cream into a plastic container
- Pick three or more colors or re-inkers – randomly place 5-6 drops of the lightest color, then 3-4 drops of the next lightest, and then 2-3 drops of the darkest.
- Take a plastic knife and swirl the colors through the shaving cream. Keep swirling until you like the pattern you see in the shaving cream – then place your Whisper White card stock into the shaving cream. Push down to make sure that you get all the card stock covered.
- Lift up the card stock and use the flat edge of the knife to scrape off the shaving cream.
- Wipe remaining shaving cream off with a paper towel. Let dry.
- Stamp desired image.
For the card above, I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Watermelon Wonder re-inkers. What is awesome about this technique – everyone’s background comes out a little different. BTW – if you don’t like your pattern – reswirl your shaving cream and try again! The more you swirl, the more blended your colors become – but you can always refresh with a little more shaving cream, or add another drop or two of ink.
Hope you give this a try! Thanks for stopping by!