Hi! Today I am playing along with the Team Stamp It Christmas Blog Hop! I saw this technique by Jackie Bultje and just loved it – so had to give it a try. It is called Tarnished Foil.
Love, love, love it!! Is this not just gorgeous? Here is how you do it:
- Wrap a piece of foil around a piece of card stock.
- Wipe Jet Black Sta-Z-On ink over the foil randomly
- Wipe VersaMark over the inside front of the Woodland Embossing folder.
- Place your foil sheet in the folder with the foil facing front.
- Run through the Big Shot
- Sprinkle Gold Embossing Powder over the foil.
- Tap off excess powder and put back in container.
- Over a scrap sheet of paper, use a clean paint brush and brush off the embossing powder that is on just the trees. Discard the scrap into trash (you do not want to save this embossing powder as it is mixed with versamark and thus clumpy.)
- Heat set the embossing powder with the heat gun.
- If you do not have enough Sta-Z-On showing on your trees – apply more using a sponge dauber.
- Finish card as desired.
The sentiment is from the Tin of Tags set – a great set to have – even if not making tags – and embossed in Gold on Basic Black card stock. Layering Circle framelits were used to die cut the sentiment. A piece of Real Red woven satin ribbon finishes it off. You could mass produce this card in batches of 5 (I wouldn’t do more than 5 at a time for the Versamark steps just to make sure the Gold Embossing Powder doesn’t flake off).
I’d love to know what you think! Leave a comment below using #stampitcontest and you could win this great prize!
I hope you’ll check out the rest of the projects that have been created for you!
Thanks for stopping by!