Let’s Celebrate! (Or Sale-A-Brate!)
Hopefully that made you chuckle – or shake your head – but I had the song going through my head this morning while finishing up this card, so thought I’d share. This is a card I designed to showcase at a workshop I am doing this weekend – I hope the attendees have fun with it
It is a Center Step Easel card – I really like the dimension to it. I used the Balloon Celebrations set and the B.Y.O.P set for the sentiment. The Designer Series Paper is from the Occasions Catalog and is called Party Animal. Lots of fun patterns in that pack of paper. My base is Real Red, the mats are Pacific Point. The balloons are stamped and punched out with the center balloon popped up with dimensionals. The sentiment is also popped up with dimensionals to help hold up the back (the Easel part). To make the base, here is what you need to do:
- Start with a piece of cardstock that is 5 1/2 x 12″.
- With the 5 1/2″ edge against the top of your cutter place the Left Hand edge at the 1″ mark. Cut from 1″ down to 5 1/8″.
- Move the Left Hand Edge over to the 4 1/2″ mark. Cut from the 1″ down to 5 1/8″.
- Rotate the paper so the 12″ side is against the top of the cutter and the cut lines are to the left.
- Score from the outside edges to the cut lines at 1″, 2″ and 5 1/8″.
- Score between the cut lines at 4 1/8″
- Score all the way across at 8 1/4″
The dotted lines represent the score lines while the solid (represent the cut lines)
- Mountain fold for the 1″, 4 1/8″, 5 1/8″ and 8 1/4″ score lines.
- Valley fold for the 2″ score.
I hope you will let me know if you decide to try and make a Center Step Easel Card!
Thanks for stopping by!