Hi! No, it isn’t a solar eclipse! It is a new technique I tried and LOVE! and will be sharing at a workshop this afternoon.
We won’t be making this exact card – this is one of the cards, tho, that folks can make at my Stamp Buffet on September 30th.
Here is how you make an eclipse card (or atleast, this is the way I did it):
- Stamp a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 piece of Whisper White with the pine tree from Lovely as A Tree in Garden Green ink. I stamped the image twice before reinking – so I’d get some depth to the trees.
- Stamp berries on the trees in Real Red to make ornaments.
- Die cut NOEL using the Large Letter Framelits from the Whisper White panel.
- Remove the letters and apply adhesive to the back of the panel and adhere to a Chocolate Chip mat that is 4 1/16 x 5 5/16.
- Set the “O” back in the opening and use that to adhere the center of the O to the mat.
- Tie a piece of 1/8″ Real Red ribbon around the bottom.
- Adhere the Chocolate Chip mat to a Garden Green base.
- Place mini dimensionals or strips of foam adhesive to the back of the letters and adhere in the openings to pop them up.
Other versions of this technique are to die-cut multiple letters and adhere all together to get the thickness you desire and then place the letters in the openings. You can also offset the letters a little bit in the opening so you see the mat layer peeking through.
I hope my guests today enjoy this technique and those attending the stamp buffet on the 30th choose this as one of their cards.
Don’t forget today is the last day for new subscribers to save 50% on September’s Paper Pumpkin. You can sign up here.
Today is also the last day to order your Holiday Catalog Designer Series Paper Share! Just submit the form below and I will send you a Paypal Invoice for your share. Cost is $17.50 (plus $5 S/H for non-local customers) US residents only.
Also, you still have a few days to earn this tutorial FREE!
Thanks for stopping by!