Hi! Today I have a little treat pouch, also called a self-closing bag, for you! This is another of the gifts that we made at the Gifts class earlier this month.
This features the Merry Little Label bundle in the Holiday Catalog. This bundle, and the stamp set, are retiring on Jan 2nd. If you haven’t gotten yours yet, just click on the product below to be taken to my store so you can order it before it is gone.
I used the Be Merry Designer Series Paper in the Annual Catalog for my pouch. The directions to make this are as follows:
Large Box: (fits 5 Lindt Truffles)
Designer Series Paper 6 x 8 1/2″
- Score at 1″ and 5″ on the 6″ side.
- Score at 4″ and 8″ on the 8 1/2″ side.
- Cut off the 1/2″ x 1″ corners and angle cut the center tab.
- Cut at 4″ score line to the 1″ score lines on the top and bottom.
- Cut on one side only (tab will be on your right) at 2″ and 6″ to the 1″ score line”
- Place the paper on top of the pierce mat.
- Using a stylus and a ruler, score a diagonal line from the left hand side of the paper at the 5″ score line to the 2″ cut line on top and from the 2″ cut line to the 4″ cut line on the bottom.
- Then make diagonal scores from the bottom 4″ cut line to the top 6″ cut line and from the top 6″ cut line to the bottom 8″ score line (right edge by tab).
- See picture below – the score lines are dotted, the cut lines are solid.
- Fold on all score lines.
- Use Tear and Tape on the tab and fold on 4″ score line to adhere the tab in place.
- Use tear and tape on two opposite tabs to form the bottom of the box.
- Decorate as desired.
Once you have made a few, they go pretty quick and are a great little treat for the postman, neighbor, co-worker or friend. If you are hosting Christmas dinner, you could even make one for each place setting.
Thanks for stopping by!