Hi! Welcome back to the last day of Valentine Treat Holders! I hope you have enjoyed this mini-series and are able to find a pattern for your Valentine Treats!
Ok, on to today’s project:
This cute little box can hold 3 Mini-Ghiradelli squares or 4 Hershey Kisses or 2 Dove Hearts! For this holder, I used the Melon Mambo Card Stock for my box and decorated with the Painted With Love Specialty Designer Paper. The hearts and sentiment are from the Tabs for Everything Stamp set.
Here is how the box is made:
- Score an 8 1/2″ x 5″ piece of cardstock at 2″ and 3″ on the 5″ side.
- Score at 2 “, 4″, 6″ and 8″ on the 8 1/2” side.
- Scallop punch the panels between the 2″ and 4″ score lines and the 6″ and 8″ score lines.
- Cut off the 2 corners on the 1/2″ end.
- Cut up on the score lines on the top and bottom.
- Score the 2 scallop panels at 1″ from the top of the scallop.
- Fold on all score lines.
- Use Fast Fuse Adhesive to adhere the tab to form the box shape as well as on the bottom flap to seal the bottom.
- Use ribbon to hold the 2 scallop tops together.
- Decorate the sides with 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ mats.
- Add sentiment and fill box with goodies.
Here is a picture of the template:
Just an FYI, yesterday’s box and today’s box can be made from 1 sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock. This pattern requires 8 1/2″ x 5 and yesterday’s requires 8 1/2″ x 6. So you can get 2 from 1 sheet! Pretty cool!
You can shop in my on-line store! Use Hostess Code: AWRFCDQY to qualify for FREE goodies! All $50 orders (US, prior to S/H and tax) qualify for
- FREE Glitter and Clear Enamel Shapes ($7 value) – (good through Feb 10)
- FREE Love You Still Tutorial (good through Feb 14)
- FREE Level 1 Sale-A-Bration Set
That’s quite a bit for FREE with just $50 order!
Thanks for stopping by!