Hi! This morning I have a card featuring the Black Ice Technique that was developed by Melissa Kerman. This is such a cool technique – I just love the results!
It is a little hard to capture in pictures, but in real life, it looks like there is are thin lines of ice running down the picture.
For my card, I used the Waterfront stamp set in the Occasions Catalog. I LOVE this set!!! If you get nothing else from the Occasions catalog, get this set! It is perfect for so many occasions.
Here are the steps for doing the black ice technique:
- Drag Basic Black Archival Ink Pad down the Silver Foil card stock – try and keep it straight to get black lines running down the card stock.
- Stamp your images in Basic Black Archival ink – the foil is slippery – so be careful when stamping to not have it slide. Use a Piercing Mat under the foil to help with getting a crisp image.
- Let DRY!! (You can use a heat gun to step up this process – but you want it dry!
- Drag the Versarmark Ink Pad down over the entire image (similar motion to what you did with the the Basic Black Archival). Do not press down too hard – a light touch is preferred here.
- Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder over the entire image. Tap off excess.
- Heat set.
That is all there is to it!
Here are the dimensions for my layers:
- Base: Basic Black – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Whisper White – 4″ x 5 1/4″ – Drag the Basic Black Archival Pad down this layer as well
- Basic Black – 3 5/8 x 4 5/8″
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 4 1/2″
- Silver Foil – 3 1/4 x 3 1/4″
I left room at the bottom for my sentiment. I added the Basic Black Shimmery Ribbon beneath the Silver foil.
Such a cool look!
Don’t forget, we are in the final month of Sale-A-Bration! Shop my on-line store with Hostess Code: 9PSW36TE to get your FREE products! $50 (US, prior to S/H and tax) not only qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration product, but also this tutorial featuring the Celebration Time stamp set!
Don’t forget, if you host a party (or place an order of $250 US) you get an extra $25 in hostess dollars! Or JOIN MY TEAM and choose 2 extra stamp sets FREE! Contact me today!! Or sign up here!
Thanks for stopping by!