Hi! Welcome to the Team Stamp It Halloween Blog Hop! You are sure to find tons of inspiration for Halloween Fright!
My project today is this adorable mini milk carton!
Isn’t it adorable? I love the Toil and Trouble Designer Series Paper – perfect for all your Halloween crafting! In this project, I’ve paired the paper with the Seasonal Chums set in the Annual Catalog – don’t you love when you can use new products with existing ones already in your collection?
To make the Mini Milk Carton, you need a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/4″ piece of cardstock or Designer Series Paper.
- Score on the 8 1/4″ side at 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″.
- Score on the 5 1/2″ side at 1 1/2″, 3 1/2″ and 5″.
- Along the 5″ score line, make a tick mark at 1″ and 5″ along the 8 1/4″ side.
- Use a ruler and a stylus to score diagonal lines between the 5″ and 3 1/2″ score lines from the 1″ tick mark to the lower left corner at the 3 1/2″ score line and the lower right corner at the 3 1/2″ score line.
- Repeat above step for the 5″ tick mark. See picture for clarity: (Dotted lines are score lines, solid lines are cut lines)
- Cut off the lower right corner that is 1/4″ by 1 1/2″. (Already removed in picture)
- Create angle cuts on the top and bottom of the remaining part of the tab.
- Cut up from the bottom to the 1 1/2″ score line at 2″, 4″ and 6″.
- Fold on all score lines.
- Place Tear & Tape along the tab and close the box.
- Use Tear & Tape to seal the bottom.
- Decorate as desired and use Baker’s Twine, Linen Thread or a Galvanized Clip to close the top of the box.
For the decorations, I used the pumpkins from Seasonal Chums. It is stamped in Jet Black StaZon on Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The stem is colored in Crumb Cake, the leaves in Old Olive and the face in Basic Black.
Here’s a closer view of the front and back:
On the sides, I die cut bats using the coordinating Seasonal Tag Framelits from Basic Black card stock and colored with Clear Wink of Stella:
I used one of the new Galvanized Clips to keep the top closed after filling with Halloween Treats such as Dove Milk Chocolate Caramels and Reese’s Peanutbutter Ghosts. The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black ink on Crushed Curry cardstock and punched with the Classic Label punch. Black solid Baker’s Twine ties the tag to the clip.
I just love how this turned out and will be making a few more to give out to family, friends and co-workers.
Congratulations to September’s Hop winner:
Leave a comment below with #stampitcontest and be entered into a drawing for this awesome kit:
Don’t forget to check out all the other great projects:
Thanks for stopping by!