Hi! It’s been a whirlwind this week as Stampin’ Up! announced their color refresh as well as the Last Chance lists for the Annual and Mini catalogs. I had planned on posting this card on Wednesday – and got wrapped up in all the excitement and here we are on Friday finally posting. I hope you don’t mind the delay.
I found this new-to-me fold and fell in LOVE that I had to share with my Facebook followers Tuesday night. The fold is called a WV fold and here is why:
When the card is open, the front of the card makes a W and the inside pop-out makes a V. Isn’t that fun?
Ok, so let’s get to the details:
- Base – Pool Party – 5 1/2″ x 11″, score at 1 3/4″, 3 1/2″, 5 1/4″ and 7″
- V panel – Pool Party – 6″ x 3″, score at 3″
- Basic White – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ (need 3)
- Optional – Pool Party 3″ x 3″ for mat on inside white panel
- Designers Series Paper – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ – 4 pieces – can start with 1 piece 5 1/4″ x 6″ and cut into 4 1 1/2″ strips as shown above, or can mix and match prints similar to the card in the video below
- Designer Series Paper – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ for inside back panel.
For this card, I paired the soon-to-be retired (sadness), Friends are Like Seashells and the Seaside Bay (carrying over from the Mini to the new Annual Catalog – yay!). The seashells and sand on the front are stamped as follows: sand – Sahara Sand, Conch – Petal Pink, larger shell – So Saffron, small shell – Sahara Sand. The sand and shells on the second panel are also stamped in Sahara Sand. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
To see how to assemble the card, here’s the video:
If you are interested in the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set, I highly recommend getting the coordinating dies and the 3D Embossing Folder as well. While I do not use them on this project, you will want all 3 products for your crafting. Here’s a card using the embossing folder. The dies and folder will be on sale starting April 4. Please note that both Sahara Sand and So Saffron are retiring from our core color lines – so make sure to add a reinker and card stock to your order if you are running low.
I hope you enjoyed today’s fun fold and give it a go.
Thanks for stopping by!