Hi! I recently came across this fold by Lisa Curcio and had to try it! It is so easy to do and is a great way to use some of our gorgeous Designer Series Paper!
It is called the Double Point fold! Isn’t it fun! It uses 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper measuring 4″ x 3″. A great way to use up some of your Designer Paper. Here is what you do:
- Score at 1″ along the 3″ side.
- Fold the corners furthest from the score line down to the score line.
- Use adhesive to hold the corners down.
- Attach the 1″ flap to the top and bottom of a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Attach the Whisper White card stock to a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ colored card stock.
- Use punches or die cuts for your front focal image that is big enough to span the two points.
- Decorate as desired and stamp a sentiment under the focal image for the inside of the card if desired.
- Attach the focal image to the TOP ONLY using dimensionals. For the cupcakes – I used 3 dimensionals; for the bird, I could only use one. Details on the actual cards below.
Here is a link to Lisa’s video if you’d like a visual.
For the cupcakes, I used the Picture Perfect Party Designer Series Paper stack. My base colors are Lemon-Lime Twist and Berry Burst. The colors for the “vanilla” cupcake are: Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand and So Saffron (in that order for the stamps labeled 1, 2, and 3). I did stamp off the Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand stamps once before stamping on my paper. I am very happy with how my cupcake turned out.
For the Lemon-Lime Twist card, I used Tranquil Tide and Lemon Lime Twist for the two colors (in that order for stamps labeled 1 and 2). For Berry Burst, I used Berry Burst and Powder Pink in that order. After they dried, I went over the “frosting” with a Clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen.
It sparkles more in real life than I could capture in my picture. The sentiment is from the You Are Inspiring stamp set in the Occasions Catalog and punched out with the Duo Banner punch. I did attach the frosting with dimensionals to the cupcake. These were attached to a Berry Burst Lots of Labels die cut (the second largest die).
The bird is from the Petal Palette stamp set and is stamped in Memento Black ink and colored with the Daffodil Duo Blends. Tranquil Tide is my base color and the Designer Series Paper is from the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper Stack. The bird is punched out with the 2″ circle punch and is layered on a 2 1/4″ Tranquil Tide circle.
I taught this fold at a workshop last week and the attendees loved it! I’ll be doing it again at the March Madness class I am hosting on March 9. I think it’ll be a big hit!
We are in the last month of Sale-A-Bration! If you have not yet taken advantage of all the Sale-A-Bration has to offer, now is the time!! Shop my on-line store with Host Code: 9PSW36TE for a FREE tutorial featuring the Celebration Time stamp set!
Thanks for stopping by!