Hi! I have another card for you today using the Bear Hugs set as well as Layered Letters. I hadn’t done a Waterfall card in quite a while and thought it would be fun to do for this weeks Global Design Project challenge #GDP020 – CASE the designer! I was inspired by the theme of Connie’s card.
The fun thing about Waterfall cards – they are interactive! When you pull down on the ribbon, you reveal a hidden message:
Each letter flips up and then slides behind – pretty cool!
I also decided to add a message to the inside of the card itself – I don’t often do that – but thought this little guy is just too cute with his message:
I had fun playing along with the GDP challenge this week – hope you will check it out via the link above and play along, too. They are a great site for inspiration!
If you want to try a hand at making your own waterfall card, here are a few tips:
- Your moving strip is 8″ x 1 1/2″ – scored at 1 1/2″, 2 1/4″, 3″, and 3 3/4″.
- The chocolate chip strip across the bottom is only attached using brads – DO NOT USE ADHESIVE
- The white moving strip is attached ONLY to the chocolate chip strip – after folding on the 3 3/4″ score line, attach the front bottom edge of the moving strip to the chocolate chip strip – aligning the two edges. The back of the white moving strip should be underneath the chocolate chip strip.
- L O V E are on 1 3/8″ squares and matted on 1 1/2″ Rose Red squares.
- When attaching the letters to the moving strip, start with the E and build your way up to the L. Place Tear & Tape right below each of the score lines to attach the V, O and L.
I hope my tips help!
Thanks for stopping by!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
5 thoughts on “More Hugs”
This is super cute Teresa! I love the hidden honey pot and then that cute little bear on the inside. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in on this week’s Global Design Project.
What a lot of work?! Your card ist so beautiful. Thank´s for playing with us. Hugs Tanja
Teresa, I L-O-V-E that you created a waterfall and focused on the theme of my original inspiration card. This card is a beauty. Thanks for joining us this week at Global Design Project.
What an adorable ending to a fun waterfall! Such a great card! Thank you so much for playing along with this week’s Case the Designer (Connie Collins) Challenge at Global Design Project.
It has been years since I did a card like this! I love it! Thank-you for taking the Global Design Project Challenge!