Hi! Today I am playing along with this week’s Global Design Project challenge which is to create a card with a Nautical Theme – #GDP047
I pulled out my From Land to Sea set and decided to get inky with some sponging. I was having so much fun, I made 2 cards. First this one:
I used the Embossed Resist technique for my jellyfish. To do that, follow these steps:
- Ink Jellyfish with Versamark and stamp on Whisper White card stock.
- Apply Clear Embossing Powder and heat set with heat gun
- Sponge Pear Pizzazz in random areas.
- Sponge Bermuda Bay in and around the Pear Pizzazz
- Sponge Tempting Turquoise in any remaining white spots and lightly over the Bermuda Bay and Pear Pizzazz ink
- Go back and add Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay until you have a water look that you like.
- Take a clean paper towel and wipe off any ink on the Jellyfish.
For the sentiment on this card, I embossed using White Embossing Powder on Basic Black cardstock.
I had so much fun getting inky with the above card, I decided to make another card:
The jelly fish panel followed the same steps as above. I decided to go with a smaller panel so that I could use my Vertical Greetings stamp set for the sentiment. I also added some “bubble” sequins to my water.
Hope you enjoyed today’s cards! Thanks for stopping by!