Hi! Today I am playing along with this week’s Global Design Project challenge which is to create a card with a Nautical Theme – #GDP047
I pulled out my From Land to Sea set and decided to get inky with some sponging. I was having so much fun, I made 2 cards. First this one:
I used the Embossed Resist technique for my jellyfish. To do that, follow these steps:
- Ink Jellyfish with Versamark and stamp on Whisper White card stock.
- Apply Clear Embossing Powder and heat set with heat gun
- Sponge Pear Pizzazz in random areas.
- Sponge Bermuda Bay in and around the Pear Pizzazz
- Sponge Tempting Turquoise in any remaining white spots and lightly over the Bermuda Bay and Pear Pizzazz ink
- Go back and add Pear Pizzazz and Bermuda Bay until you have a water look that you like.
- Take a clean paper towel and wipe off any ink on the Jellyfish.
For the sentiment on this card, I embossed using White Embossing Powder on Basic Black cardstock.
I had so much fun getting inky with the above card, I decided to make another card:
The jelly fish panel followed the same steps as above. I decided to go with a smaller panel so that I could use my Vertical Greetings stamp set for the sentiment. I also added some “bubble” sequins to my water.
Hope you enjoyed today’s cards! Thanks for stopping by!
One thought on “Jelly Fish”
Teresa you background is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week x