Hi! It’s shaker time in my craft room as I prepare for Friday night’s Shaker Card class! These cards are so much fun to make! Today’s card I actually made for this week’s Global Design Project #GDP049 color challenge – Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Pear Pizzazz.
It took me a bit as I wanted to capture the colors behind each butterfly – and I used different shaker beads in the little butterfly than in the two bigger ones. The shaker elements are actually retired beads that I have had for quite some time.
If you haven’t made a shaker card before – or have struggled, here are a few tips that I am going to share with class attendees on Friday night.
- If stamping an image to show through the window, lay your die cut panel on top of the panel you wish to stamp on – stamp through the window to make alignment easier (this is done before you add the window sheet in the next tip)
- Make sure you adhere your window sheet to the back of your punched or die-cut panel BEFORE adding your dimensional strips. (Ask me how I know!)
- If using just punched images (ie – no stamping) – just make sure to leave enough room around each image to place your dimensional strips.
- Place your dimensional strips as close to your die cut holes as possible – this allows you to use less shaker material to have it show in the window.
- For most projects, you will need to add dimensionals to your corners (I found I needed 2 to match the thickness of the dimensional strips used for the shaker part of the card.
Hope these tips help – and you can avoid some of the mistakes I made when starting out making shaker cards.
Don’t forget to use those Bonus Day Coupons before August 31st and to get your Thoughtful Branches stamp set and/or bundle!
Thanks for stopping by!
– Product List