Hi! I am back today with a photo tutorial for making this cute mini-apple Rolo holder:
Thanks so much to Connie Collins for the directions and the idea!
Here is how I made mine:
1) Cut a 1″ strip of Real Red Card stock (if you have 12×12 Cardstock – you only need 1″ strip to make this apple).
2) Punch 5 bows from the Bow Builder Punch.
3) Glue ends together into a star pattern:
4) Punch 1/16″ holes on the opposite ends:
5) Curl each side with a bone folder:
6) Insert a brad from underneath to gather the sides:
7) Insert the treat before gathering the last side:
8) Punch out petals using Petite Petal punch
9) Place over top to finish the apple:
Quick and easy! We, unfortunately, do not carry the Candy Dot brad bases anymore – but you do want a brad with long prongs similar to those brads to gather your ends.
You can also make pumpkins – just use Pumpkin Pie cardstock instead of Real Red.
Hope you enjoyed today’s project and photo tutorial!
Thanks for stopping by!
One thought on “Mini Apple Treat”
Very cute idea