Hi – had some fun at Friday night’s Fun With Glossy Cardstock making these cards using the Polished Stone technique.
For this card, Calypso Coral was paired with the new Lemon-Lime Twist to make the background. If you’ve never tried this technique, here is what you do:
- Run the Embossing Buddy over your Glossy Cardstock
- Ink your stamp with Versamark and stamp on the Glossy Cardstock
- Pour Clear Embossing Powder over the Versamark image and tap off any extra
- Heat set with the Heat Tool.
- Spritz Rubbing Alcohol on a cotton ball
- Place 2-3 drops of Calypso Coral ink on the cotton ball.
- Place 2-3 drops of Lemon-Lime Twist on the cotton ball.
- Pounce cotton ball all over the Glossy Cardstock – including the embossed image
- Once you have the coverage you like, use the Heat Tool to re-heat the stamped image and watch the image pop out of the color (basically you are evaporating the rubbing alcohol and ink from the embossed image).
- If your image doesn’t really stand out – apply more ink to the cotton ball and re-apply to the Glossy Cardstock.
- Embellish card as desired.
Here is a version in Berry Burst and Fresh Fig:
The fun thing with this technique – it can be vibrant or muted – depending on the amount of ink used.
I hope you enjoyed today’s cards!
Thanks for stopping by!