Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend! Since I kicked off the week yesterday with a Snail Valentine, I decided to continue the theme and today we have a Snail Birthday.
Do you remember this fold from 2018? It is the double point fold that I came across from Lisa Curcio. Since it’s been a few years, I figured it was time to revisit it. It is relatively easy to do and a great way to use your Designer Series Paper.
- Cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper 3″ x 4″. Score at 1″ along the 3″ side. (If your paper has a direction to it, for the top flap, score at 1″ from the top, for the bottom flap, score at 1″ from the bottom”)
- Fold the corners furthest from the score line down to the score line.
- Use adhesive to hold the corners down.
- Attach the 1″ flap to the top and bottom of a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White card stock.
- Attach the Basic White card stock to a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2″ colored card stock.
- Use punches or die cuts for your front focal image that is big enough to span the two points.
- Decorate as desired and stamp a sentiment under the focal image for the inside of the card if desired.
- Attach the focal image to the TOP ONLY using dimensionals.
Here is a video showing the card above (it is the second card in the video):
For the snail, he is stamped in Jet Black Stazon and colored with Watercolor Pencils and a blender pen. He is die cut with the coordinating die set.
The Stitched Nested Label dies provided the perfect layers to span the two flaps. Did you catch the beveled edge on the Basic White layer? That is easy to do and a great way to get more out of your dies! Before popping out the cardstock from the die, flip it over and run your stylus along the inside edge of the die – it creates that beveled look. (I show that in the video as well)!
And here he is in Real Red:
We are down to the final 2 weeks of Sale-A-Bration – so make sure you place those $50 orders in my On-Line store so you don’t miss out on your FREE goodies! You’ll find the link over to the right, or click on any of the products used below.
Thanks for stopping by!