but what else can I say? Today I hit 1500 followers on my Facebook page. I am humbled and appreciative that so many people have found my page and feel that the information, demonstrations and projects I share are worth their time. Wow!
I shared this card two weeks ago to showcase the soon-to-be retired Happiness Abounds bundle. Since then, the stamp set has sold out – but hopefully the layout or color scheme will inspire you today.
The base for the card is Fresh Freesia – happy to say, you will find this color in the Subtles family in the new catalog! I have paired it with Gorgeous Grape – not a color I use very often, but I love how this one turned out. You can’t see it in this picture, but the Gorgeous Grape was die cut with the Stitched Greenery die – which is retiring and was on my Top 10 list. I love this die and am sad to see it go. If you don’t have it, grab it before it is gone!
The designer series paper is the Hues of Happiness which is gorgeous and makes stunning cards on its own – grab a pack – you won’t be disappointed. A piece of Fresh Freesia Ribbon is attached on the back side running over the edge of the DSP.
The layer behind the stamped image is also a piece of DSP from that pack. The flower and sentiment are stamped in Jet Black StazOn on Basic White card stock . The flower is colored with the Watercolor Pencils – Assortment 2.
A trio of Glossy Dots are used to finish off the card. I don’t often offset the mat behind my stamped images, but I do like how it looks here.
We are just 2 short weeks away from the launch of the new Annual Catalog – so make sure you grab any retiring products that haven’t sold out yet soon! Actually, Wed. April 19 would be a great day to do that as Stampin’ Up! is offering FREE SHIPPING on orders of $75 or more (US).
Thanks for stopping by!
You are Wonderful!
Just wanted to end the work week letting you know how wonderful you are – and this card is for YOU!
I shared this card on this week’s Facebook Live – I just love the Hues Of Happiness Designer Series Paper and am sad to see it along with the Happiness Abounds bundle leaving us this month. If you haven’t snagged the paper, do it soon! It pairs well with the Artistically Inked set which is carrying over for another year.
The dimensions for this card:
- Base – Night of Navy – 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″ and fold.
- Basic White – 4″ x 5 1/4″ (for inside of card)
- Basic White – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and 2″ x 2″
- Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 2 3/4″, 4″ x 2 3/4″
- Night of Navy – 2 1/8″ x 2 1/8″
For the 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ square – ink the leaves from Artistically Ink in Granny Apple Green then roll the edges in Mossy Meadow then stamp on card stock. Clean stamp off before repeating in all 4 corners.
Stamp the sentiment from Happiness Abounds in Night of Navy Ink on 2″ square. Stamp small flowers from Artistically Inked in Daffodil Delight, clean stamp and repeat with Pool Party ink.
Adhere the two pieces of Designer Series Paper so the total length is 5 1/4″. If needed, you could attach the pieces to a layer of card stock measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″ to help with alignment. Wrap a piece of Night of Navy Bordered Ribbon where the two layers meet. Attach to card base.
Adhere the leaf image to the base as shown on card. Use dimensionals to attach the sentiment.
A very quick card that is sure to Wow friends and family with how gorgeous it looks.
If you haven’t tried the Rock-N-Roll technique used for the leaves, here is the video:
If you are missing any supplies to make this card, simply click on the image below to go to my On-Line store.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hi! How are you? Yesterday I posted my Top 10 must haves from the retiring Annual Catalog and already the Stamparatus and Forever Fern stamp set are sold out! Over 50 products sold out yesterday – WOW! If you haven’t checked out what is retiring – do it now!
Today, I have a card featuring the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder- part of my number 1 in the Top 10 yesterday.
This folder is simply stunning. I took a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor paper, spritzed it with water and then applied ink with a Water Pen before running it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine to emboss it with the Seashells 3D folder. The colors used are Pool Party, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand (the last 3 are retiring this month). The die cuts are from the Seaside Bay die set in the January-April Mini. The sentiment is from Happy Labels also in the Mini. The ribbon is from the Old Olive and Sahara Sand Twill Ribbon Combo Pack.
The base of the card is Sahara Sand measuring 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and folded. A layer of Mint Macaron (also retiring) measuring 4″ x 5 1/4″ is matted behind the Watercolor Paper – which measures 3 3/4″ x 5″.
I love how much the By the Bay suite in the Mini coordinates with the soon-to-be retired Friends are Like Seashells products.
Thanks for stopping by!
Hi! Well, today is the day – the Last Chance List for the Annual Catalog is now live and I thought I’d share my Top 10 (ok, so maybe I cheated a little) – I’m sad to see go and that you might want to check out:
1) Friends Are Like Seashells – Stamp Set, Dies (Seaside Seashells), and Seashells 3D Embossing Folder – I truly LOVE these 3 products and am sad to see them go. The ability to add detail to the shells and die cut them sold me on this bundle when it first came out.
2) Stitched Greenery Die – This is a single die that leaves a subtle background and I used it for all card types – from Christmas to Sympathy to birthday – it just adds a sweet touch – whether used on an accent piece or the full background. I think this die got overlooked by quite a few people.
3) Split Card Dies – this is another die set that I think is easy to overlook. I know I did when the catalog first came out last year. The lattice looking die went so well over Designer Series Paper – especially the bold ones – to give it a stunning look.
4) Forever Fern Stamp Set & Forever Flourishing Dies– I can’t tell you how many times I have used this set – it is perfect for Sympathy, Thinking of You and works in so many different color schemes.
5) Stamparatus – while I haven’t often demonstrated this on my Facebook Lives – I use this especially for mass production – from little stamps to big – it is the perfect tool for these projects.
6) Layering Circles and Stitched Rectangle Dies – these are a staple in my paper crafting and am so sad to see them go. If you don’t already have these two sets – grab them – you won’t regret it. Did you know the Stitched Rectangles fit inside the Scalloped Contour die cuts?
7) Pear Pizzazz and Pale Papaya – two of my favorite ink colors. Tho I have hope that Pale Papaya may make it back in a future color refresh. Make sure you grab a re-inker and card stock for any of your favorites that are leaving us.
8) Nothing’s Better Than – stamps and Love You More Than coordinating dies – cookies, chocolate, coffee and cocktails – all in one set – need I say more?
9) Count On Me Stamp Set – love this set for sending encouragement to others. Being someone on the path of surviving breast cancer, I found this set perfect for creating cards for others on the same path.
10) Happiness Abounds – such a gorgeous suite of products – from the Designer Series Paper to the font on the sentiments – I am surprised this is not carrying over.
There you have it – my Top 10 from the Annual Catalog. If you are missing any of these in your collection, shop today! These are all available while supplies last.
Thanks for stopping by!